January 25, 2021
What to Do If Your Home in NY or CT Loses Heat
- Fuel Tank: Check the gauge on your fuel tank to see if you need oil or propane, and if you do, call your local energy provider.
- Thermostat: Make sure your setting is on HEAT, set higher than the indoor temperature of your home, and that the cooling function is not on instead.
- Switches: Check that all of the heating system and emergency switches are on.
- Reset Button: Press the RESET button on your system—ONCE ONLY.
If you’ve gone through all of the above steps and you still don’t have heat, call Marshall Oil Company right away for assistance. Sometimes equipment failure just happens, but you can reduce the risk of common heat loss issues by following the tips below.
Tips to Avoid Losing Heat in Your Home
- Keep an eye on your fuel tank. We recommend that our customers order heating oil before their oil tank reaches ¼ full. If you’d like, you can switch to automatic delivery. With this service, we will track your fuel tank level and deliver oil to your home automatically when you need it.
- Book a tune-up for your heating system every year. If there are any issues with your heating system at the time of your maintenance visit, your technician can solve the problem before it becomes a major issue.
- As your boiler or furnace ages, it will begin to decline. If you start to experience more frequent issues, it could be a good time to replace your heating system. Don’t risk operating old, inefficient, and potentially unsafe equipment for another winter.
Contact Marshall Oil for Emergency Heating Service in NY & CT
Marshall Oil Co. is proud to be the area’s top choice for heating oil delivery, heating system installations, and on-call repairs and maintenance. We offer 24/7 emergency service for our customers so you can always count on us. If you need help with your heating system, contact us today! Please call us directly at (914) 764-5766 if you have lost heat in your home. For routine maintenance or nonemergency repairs, you can contact us online.